Level 3 Diploma
The Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology will prepare you for a career as a Reflexologist. You will develop a range of technical skills enabling you to provide massage treatments using a variety of techniques. These are supported by the studying of anatomy and physiology, health and safety, and client care. You will also develop interpersonal skills that will assist you in communicating effectively with clients. This qualification will support you to gain employment as a Reflexologist.
|Course comprises of the following 4 Units:
|1. Business practice for complementary therapies
|2. Principles and practice of complementary therapies
|3. Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathology for complementary therapies
2 x Exams pass mark 70%
Pathology – Assignment
|4. Provide reflexology for complementary therapies
3 x Observation
1 x Assessment
Case Studies Assignment
Level 3 on enquiry
The course fees include the following
- Guided learning in class with tutor support.
- Direction and support for home study.
- Comprehensive Plena Holistic level 3 course notes.
- Examination fees and final certificate.
- A copy of Ruth Hull’s Anatomy, The Complete Guide to Reflexology textbook
- Advice and guidance with choosing and purchasing a quality massage couch and equipment.
- Small classes in a friendly and relaxed learning environment.
Please note it is now a requirement for all students enrolled on this course to study an additional, COVID-19 unit, in order to achieve their massage diploma qualification.
There will be an additional fee to cover the cost of this unit.
This course is ideal for complete beginners, and is suitable for anyone with an interest in complementary therapies. Anyone who is looking to change career whilst working full time. Entry onto this Level 3 Diploma qualification can be via previous attainment of a Level 2 qualification in complementary therapy and/or a successful initial assessment and interview.
How you will be taught.
This is a highly intensive blended 12 week course, each week there will be two 2.5 hour sessions, one for the theory aspect and one for the practical aspect. The theory session will be delivered via conference calling and the practical will be delivered face to face in the purpose built classroom. The exam days will be confirmed once the course is underway. You will be assessed and guided throughout the course and feedback will be given in verbal and written format.
The teaching takes place in my purpose-built cabin, which provides a beautifully relaxed setting, where I look forward to welcoming you and your fellow students and guiding you towards becoming a fully qualified therapist.
What could this qualification lead to?
This qualification will confirm your competence for employment as a Reflexologist. You will also be eligible to join a professional association and gain insurance as a reflexology therapist. Career opportunities as a Reflexologist exist in a variety of contexts, including:
Who supports this qualification?
This qualification is based on the complementary therapy National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK’s leading professional association, the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC) as being fit for purpose for preparing you for a career as a massage therapist. Holders of this qualification are eligible to become a professional member of BABTAC. Further information on BABTAC membership can be found on their website https://www.babtac.com/.
- Working in health clubs, hotel, cruise ship, ski resorts, a complementary therapy clinic, beauty salon or spa.
- Working in the NHS in a hospital, GP surgery or care home.
- Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings.
- Supplement your full-time income by building your own client base for Reflexology Treatments.
- Carry out treatments for family/friends or colleagues.
- Continue studying more advanced techniques for example Hand or Face Reflexology.